We (Akuen Medical Therapies) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of data protection law, the data controller is Akuen Medical Therapies of 1 Laxfield Drive, Broughton, Milton Keynes, MK10 9NQ.
Information we collect from you
We collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Contact information you give us. This includes any contact information you may provide us with through our online booking system (SimplyBook.me) or by communicating with us directly by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The contact information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number(s).
- Medical information you give us. This includes any medical and lifestyle information you may provide us with through any means, including during a consultation, a treatment or in making a booking or discussing a new or ongoing diagnosis or treatment by e-mail or telephone.
- Information we receive from others. We may receive information about you, including medical information, from a third party, for example where you have consented to a medical referral from your GP or other health practitioner or you have given a family member permission to communicate with us.
Cookies and Website Statistics
Uses made of your personal information
We process your contact information to manage your bookings to our services and to contact you to confirm the details of your bookings or to cancel your booking or to advice you of late availability if you have requested to receive that information.
We use your medical and lifestyle information in order to help diagnose your condition and in order to devise and recommend appropriate treatments for your condition. You are not obliged to make any purchase as a result of our diagnosis.
We do not use your contact information or your medical information in order to market any services or products to you.
Disclosure of personal information
Your personal information is not normally shared with anyone. However, in exceptional circumstances, where there is a significant risk to your health and wellbeing or the health and wellbeing of another person or to comply with the law, we may need to disclose information to a third party, for example, to a law enforcement agency. If this is likely to be necessary, we will discuss this with you wherever possible.
If appropriate to support your health and wellbeing and only with your explicit consent, we may disclose your personal information, including your medical information, to another health or medical practitioner or service.
Where we store your personal information
If you use the SimplyBook.me booking service, your personal contact information is stored within the SimplyBook.me database, which is stored on servers in France and Canada. SimpleBook.me is fully compliant with European data protection law. Further information about security is available on the SimpleBook.me website.
Your personal medical and lifestyle information is stored only in paper records which are held securely at Akuen Medical Therapies.
Retention of personal information
The medical and lifestyle information provided by you will be held for a period of time while you continue to access the relevant service. This information is securely destroyed at the end of the service, for example, if you have not accessed services for 12 months or more.
Under data protection law, you have the right to:
– obtain free of charge, confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed and, if it is, a copy of that personal data
– have your personal data rectified and incomplete personal data completed
– erasure when no longer required or to be forgotten, subject to legal obligations
– object to and restrict further processing of your data until the accuracy of your data or use has been resolved
– data portability, where you want your data sent to another data controller
– not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making and processing
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us.