This treatment infuses Tui na massage with essential oils to achieve a greater healing effect for the overall body. Specific oil combination will be tailored according to the clients’ aliments.
Tui na Aromatherapy has been widely used to treat specific aliments, which range from musculoskeletal, mental disturbance, digestive, hormonal disorders, regulating emotion, uplift mood, energizing and revitalising the mind body and spirit.
Essential oils can be used on the body either applying oils directly onto the skin or inhalation of vaporized/diffusion. Once in the body these stimulate chemical responses either directly to the cells or joins the circulation system, then affecting other organs which promote certain functions. The chemical response also affects the mind, nerves and the hypothalamus, which is the center of homeostatic control of the body. Depending on which oils have been used, the body will respond differently allowing healing, balancing and relaxation. The list of many effects that essential oils have is very extensive.
If you have sensitive skin, epilepsy, heart or kidney problems, or any serious medical condition, do not use essential oils unless advised by a physician or medical professional that it is safe.
Essential oils will not be used if the client suffers from the following conditions:
- Pregnancy: aniseed, balsam peru, Bay (laurel), basil, benzoin, bergamot, bitter almond, basil, birch, cajeput, camphor, cedarwood, celery seed, chamomile (blue), cinnamon (bark and leaf), cistus, clary-sage, clove, cornmint, cypress, dill seed, douglas fir, eucalyptus, eucalyptus lemon, fennel, grapefruit, hyssop, jasmine, juniper, lavender (spike), lemon, lemongrass, lemon myrtle, lemon verbena, lime, lovage, marjoram, myrrh, myrtle, nutmeg, oakmoss, oregano, parsley seed, pennyroyal, peppermint, pine (scotch), rose, rosemary, sage, savory, spikenard, st. johns wort, sweet marjoram, tangerine, thuja, thyme, valerian, wintergreen, and yarrow
- High blood pressure: Hyssop, rosemary, sage or thyme
- Epilepsy: Sweet fennel, hyssop, sage, rosemary and wormwood
- Skin irritants: Angelica root, bergamot mint, birch, bitter almond, cinnamon leaf, cinnamon bark, clove bud, costus, grapefruit, hyssop, lavender (spike), lemon, lemon verbena, lime, marjoram, orange peppermint, oregano, parsley seed, peppermint, pimento berry, pine, savory, spearmint, tagetes, tangerine, red and wile thyme and wintergreen
- More sensitive to sunlight: most concentrated citrus oils, angelica, bergamot, and lemon verbena.
- Not to be exposed by mucous membranes or ingested: all absolutes, allspice, ajowan, amyris, benzoin, calendula, cinnamon (bark and leaf), Douglas Fir, Jasmine, Lemon Myrtle, manuka, myrrh, oregano, parsley seed, pennyroyal, pine (scotch), savory, st. johns wort, tarragon, tea tree, thuja, and thyme.